Imagine two bands of steel, running side by side for thousands of kilometers—for 6,351 kilometers! And always unerringly parallel—a constant 1,435 millimeters apart—for every 6,351,000 meters of the distance. From Nova Scotia to British Columbia, the Canadian Pacific Railway is not just a remarkable accomplishment of planning, engineering, and manpower, it also served to bind together disparate parts of the new country.
- Canada’s Spirit of Innovation │ Topic: Canadian Railway Innovators and Innovations
- Canada’s Spirit of Innovation │ Topic: Canadian Space Innovations
- Canada’s Spirit of Innovation | Topic: Another Nobel Prize!
- Canada’s Spirit of Innovation | Topic: Music, Sound, and Technology
- Celebrating great Canadian scientific innovators: moving forward